- Search our stuff (messages, photos, videos, and other files)
- Browse photos and videos from other services like Youtube, Flickr, etc.
Vimeo, my favorite video sharing provider, offers its Vimeo Plus for international users. Right now, Vimeo offers two types of account: free and Plus. I’m using the free account, and it’s more than enough for me.
With Vimeo Plus, we can get these features:
- 5GB of upload space per week
- 5000 free HD embed plays with purchase
- The ability to control which domains can embed in HD
- 25fps/PAL support for HD (up from 24fps)
- Make your videos private on Vimeo.com while still able to embed them on your site
- One-button upgrading of your existing videos to the latest high-quality format without using additional upload space
- No banner ads
- Unlimited Groups/Channels/Albums
- Priority uploading.
- Full control player customization
All for $59.95/year. For free accounts, I got these features:
- 500MB of storage per week
- Standard quality Video
- 1 HD video per week
- Basic player customization
- 1 group, 1 channel and 3 albums
This is very a great offer for those who have many videos in HD quality. All my videos are still in standard quality. Well, only capture video using my mobile phone and digital camera. :)
But, when I have my own video recorder that support HD videos, I might upgrade my account. Anyway, among the video sharing providers, I like Vimeo. I tried to upload a same video to different providers like YouTube, blip.tv and Vimeo. And it seems Vimeo is the best solution for me, right now.
I installed Facebook Connect as an experiment for this blog last week. With some modifications, it works fine here. If you’re using WordPress and want to try Facebook Connect, here are few things you might need to know. Anyway, I’m using Facebook Connect 0.9.9 plugins for WordPress. It’s recommended to use the latest version. When I write this post, the newest version is 1.0.
When Facebook users are “connected” to your blog, it means:
- They will be registered to your blog as “Subscriber” in your WordPress system. Some account information — from Facebook — will be inserted. They are “Full name” and Facebook Profile ID.
- The usernames will be a combination of FB_ prefix with profile ID. So, you will have usernames like these: FB_1015647304, FB_1226611178, FB_678048415, etc.
- The “Website” field will be their Facebook profile page.
- Biographical Info will be derived from Facebook profile based on the data at the time they’re connected.
- Email address will not be inserted as user profile data. Connected users can edit their profile (edit display name, email address, website URL, etc) by signing in to your WordPress Dashboard. This will make them supply their email addresses.
- Facebook profile images will be used as avatars.
Right now, I have some questions (for myself) about this Facebook Connector plugin.
- Can they “disconnect” from my blog? I don’t see an option for this. The only thing I can do to “disconnect” them from my blog is by deleting their account in my WordPress system.
- Some Facebook users have been connected. And then, what? What’s the benefit of being “connected”? I know, it’s like creating a small community for a blog. But, what’s the other benefit?
I will leave Facebook Connect here for now. But, I’m thinking of removing it later. Anyway, Facebook Connector is not a bad plugin. It’s great piece of plugin to make connection between your WordPress-powered blog and Facebook.
Sebenarnya komputer saya (PC) masih baik-baik saja. Memang sudah cukup lama mengeluarkan suara bising. Ini sih karena ada masalah di kipas prosesornya. Ada bagian yang “patah”. Lupa sebabnya, yang pasti gara-gara ini, suaranya jadi sangat bising. Ya, karena jadi ada yang goyah, tidak terpasang dengan sempurna.
Awalnya sih memang tidak mengganggu, tapi lama-lama kok mengganggu juga ya? Misal tidak sedang memainkan musik atau nonton film, ya sudah ada suara-suara aneh… bising dari CPU itu. Doh!
Akhirnya, beberapa jam terakhir ini komputer dimatikan. Pekerjaan dilanjutkan dengan menggunakan laptop. Untungnya, pekerjaan tidak harus dilakukan melalui PC. Kabel monitor LCD dicopot, untuk disambungkan ke laptop. Jadilah malah sekarang laptop ini pake dual-monitor. Awalnya terasa aneh sih, tapi sudah mulai terbiasa. Yang pasti, pandangan jadi sering tengak-tengok. :)
Here’s a list of youngest bloggers. If you know young bloggers — here, they’re below 18 years old, just add them to the list. The rank is based on this formula: Age: 20%, Google PR: 25%, Technorati: 30%, Alexa: 25%. It’s debatable, but I’m interested on the list rather than the formula. Just look at their age and blogs.