- Download the WordPress source
- Upload everything to your server.
Now, this is what I did when migrating from b2 Cafelog to WordPress 1.0.1.
- Rename the tables name of current b2 In b2, there are 5 tables i.e (the example uses prefix:
wd_b2categories, wd_b2comments, wd_b2posts, wd_b2settings, wd_b2users. I use PhpMyAdmin.
If you’re using share hosting, and you make a new database and new database username (spesific database information, be careful about the database prefix)
Now, rename that (this step is optional, but this is what I did, I renamed the tables name) into for example
wd_categories, wd_comments, wd_posts, wd_settings, wd_users.
- Edit some information in
wp-config.phpPay attention to this part:
$table_prefix = 'wp_';and also the MySQL Settings.
In the previous steps, if you use the prefix:
wd_, change that part into:
$table_prefix = 'wd_';
- Run the
http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/import-b2.php. If you have errors, just ignore it. Continue to Step 1, and Step 2.
- Welcome to the family. Have fun! You’re almost done.
- Login to your
wp-admin. Use the login information in the previous b2 (now, it is not b2, it’s WordPress. If you forget, just check your database, or use the forget password link to retrive your password.
- Change some settings. Go to Options > Base settings. Change the siteurl value and some other values there. Also, go to Options > General blog settings if you use smilies in your posts. Change smilies_directory into the correct path.
- Done. Yes, you are ready to post and do creative things using WordPress.