WordPress Multi User (MU) has some types of blog statuses. If you are a blog owner (WordPres MU admin), you can change the blog status from your admin area. In short, each blog might have one of these statuses:
- Active – Normal blog status. Blog can have all functionality.
- Archived – All blog entries will be saved. And you can activate again at any time.
- Deactivated – Blog is deactivated, but you can activate again also at any time. It is similar to the “Archived blog”.
- Spam – Marked blog as spamblog.
When a blog resides under a WordPress MU has a status other than “active” blog, it will display a special page. Only a page to inform the weblog status. The question is: how to change the message for the archived, or deactivated page?
There are two files responsible for the message displayed. They are:
- To change the message displayed, open your
wp-settings.phpfile. Go to around line 235. You can see the message there.
- To display the header and footer area of the page — just in case you want to have another HTML output, modify the
misc.phpfile. Change this line:
<p class="message">' . $message . '</p>